Best Western Lawrence
2309 Iowa Street, Lawrence, KS 66046-3939
Phone: +1 785-843-9100 | Fax: 785/843-1572 | 99 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Allen Fieldhouse is close to our Lawrence hotel, which makes attending a basketball game a breeze. Kansas University hotels are designed with convenience in mind, and our guests particularly like the cleanliness, friendliness and great location of our hotel.
Kansas University basketball is a big deal, but there are many other reasons guests prefer our Lawrence hotel. Our proximity to Kansas University is a plus, but we’re also close to many restaurants, retail stores and numerous businesses. Whether guests are in town for an event at Kansas Memorial Stadium or for Clinton Lake activities, like water recreation during the summer, they’re close to the city’s top attractions.
Both amateur and collegiate sports are big business in Lawrence. Many of our guests are in town for a tournament like soccer, track and field, or softball. A highly rated golf course is also close to our Lawrence hotel, and we’re happy to host guests visiting the region for golf tournaments and special events at the country club.
Dining, shopping and great retail options are a favorite destination for many of our Lawrence hotel guests. We also have meeting facilities, and are proud to host wedding rehearsal dinners with catering available. We offer a great value, competitive prices and spacious accommodations to make every guest’s stay enjoyable. With an indoor heated pool and spa, along with friendly staff members, our hotel is a home away from home.
Whether you’re in town for business at Haskell Indian Nation University or another local organization, getting started off on the right foot every morning is key. That’s why our Lawrence hotel offers a complimentary breakfast featuring a buffet of favorites, like a make-your-own-waffle station, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, sausage gravy, biscuits, fruits, yogurt, and flaky pastries. A glass of chilled juice or 100% Arabica coffee completes the meal.
Reserve your well-appointed room at the Best Western Lawrence, where the university is just a few minutes away! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary breakfast
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, 24 hour
- Complimentary full breakfast
- 24-hour front desk, excellent customer service
- Express check out
- Safe deposit box, available at front desk upon request
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Indoor pool Heated
- Photocopy services
- Audio/visual equipment
- Conference facilities
- Hearing impaired services, alertmaster, headset amplifier, Dialogue Text Phone(TTY), Photoelectric smoke detector all available upon request at the front desk
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Free parking, outdoor
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Elevator access available in the main building only
- Mail services, daily mail pickups from the property
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Vending Machines available onsite
Best Western Lawrence
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western lawrence in Lawrence.
Best Western Lawrence
Conveniently located, the best western lawrence in Lawrence, Kansas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 38.942045 / Latitude: -95.261105
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Highway 59 South to Interstate 70 West Exit 202. McDonald Drive to Highway 59 South (Iowa Street). Corner of 23rd and Iowa Street. Just ahead is the Best Western Lawrence.
From: The south. Highway 59 North (Iowa Street) to corner of 23rd Street and Highway 59 North (Iowa Street). Just ahead is the Best Western Lawrence.
From: The east. Interstate 70 East to Exit 202. McDonald Dive to highway 59 South (Iowa Street). Corner of 23rd Street and Highway 59 (Iowa Street). Just ahead is the Best Western Lawrence.
From: The west. Interstate 70 West to Exit 202. McDonald Drive to Highway 59 South (Iowa Street). Corner of 23rd Street and Highway 59 South (Iowa Street). Corner of 23rd Street and Highway 59 (Iowa Street). Just ahead is the Best Western Lawrence.
Best Western Lawrence
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Originally built by faculty and students in 1920, Memorial Stadium is the home field of the Kansas City Jayhawks football team. After going through many renovations and modernizations, the stadium can now seat over 50,000 fans on game day.
The stadium also hosts the Kansas City Relays – an event seeing college, high school, and even Olympic runners compete annually since 1921. The stadium is a "U" shape, a shape it's held since 1927.
University of Kansas
The northeastern Kansas city of Lawrence is home to the state's largest university. The historic University of Kansas, was established in 1865 on top of Mount Oread.
This public research and educational flagship university began on forty acres of land, with its first building ready for classes in 1866. In addition to the beautiful 1,000-acre main campus in Lawrence, satellite campuses are located in Kansas cities like Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, and Salina.
More than 30,000 students attend the university to pursue undergraduate, masters' and doctoral degrees, in over 200 fields of study. Choices include engineering, architecture, education, nursing, medicine, law, journalism, and social welfare.
The university's athletic programs compete in the Big 12 Conference and Division 1 of the NCAA. While visiting the main campus, schedule time to cheer on the Kansas Jayhawks during a football game in Memorial Stadium.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.5 mile(s) from Allen Field House, Kansas University basketball
- 0.75 mile(s) from Memorial Stadium, Kansas University football
- 1.00 mile(s) from Liberty Hall
- 1.00 mile(s) from Museum/Gallery Viewing
- 1.50 mile(s) from Lied Center, theater, dance, music
- 2.00 mile(s) from Fields Gallery
- 2.00 mile(s) from Watkins Community Museum
- 2.00 mile(s) from Phoenix Gallery
- 4.00 mile(s) from Downtown Lawrence, wonderful shopping, great food, and a great walking experience through Historic Lawrence Downtown.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Kansas Speedway, Nascar
- 17.00 mile(s) from Verizon Wireless Ampitheather, concerts
- 30.00 mile(s) from Gambling
- 35.00 mile(s) from Worlds Of Fun, great amusement park
- 0.01 mile(s) from Rods Hallmark and Gifts, Located on Iowa St.
- 0.5 mile(s) from Dillions, Grocery Store located on W 23rd St.
- 1 mile(s) from The Merc, Health Food Store, great selection of organic to special diet foods, located on Iowa St.
- 1 mile(s) from Super Wal-Mart, located on Iowa St.
- 1 mile(s) from Super Target, located on Iowa St.
- 1 mile(s) from Kohls, located on Iowa St.
- 1 mile(s) from Old Navy, located on Iowa St.
- 1 mile(s) from Sears, located on Iowa St.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Home Depot, located on Iowa St.
- 1.5 mile(s) from JC Penny, located on Iowa St.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 0.1 mile(s) from Soccer, field located across the street from property
- 0.1 mile(s) from Bicycling, trail located across the street from property
- 0.1 mile(s) from Jogging, trial located across the street from property
- 1.5 mile(s) from Alvamar Golf Course, 18 holes, practice center, call direct for packages
- 1.5 mile(s) from Bowling
- 2 mile(s) from Clinton Lake, fishing, sailing, boating, jetskiing, campgrounds
- 2 mile(s) from Eagle Bend Golf Course, 18 holes, practice center, call direct for packages
- 2 mile(s) from Dancing
- 4 mile(s) from Victorian Veranda, horseback riding
- 25 mile(s) from Prairie Lake, fishing, boating, swimming, campgrounds
- Adjacent to Chilli's bar and grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, open Monday-Sunday. Sunday-Thursday open from 11 a.m.- 11 p.m., on Friday and Saturday open from 11:00a.m.- 12:00p.m.
- Adjacent to Old Chicago, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Open daily 11:00a.m.-2:00a.m.. serving full menu until Midnight and pizza until 1:00a.m..
- 0.1 mile(s) from Bubba's Saloon, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- 0.2 mile(s) from Molly McGee's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- 0.2 mile(s) from Perkins, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 24 hours
- 0.2 mile(s) from El Mezecal, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.3 mile(s) from First Watch, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 0.3 mile(s) from Applebee's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 0.4 mile(s) from Russell Stover's, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner,
- 0.5 mile(s) from Indian Palace, full service, Indian, open for: lunch, dinner, Open Monday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-9:45 p.m. open Friday-Sunday 11:30a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Best Western Lawrence
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Lawrence. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean